Hello Friend....

...so glad that you're here. We hope that even though we may be miles apart, we can share those special moments of our lives with you...whenever and wherever the occur. Just do us one favor...keep us updated with your special moments, as well!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Micah is 11 months old!!

Here we are...11 months old (ok, so I'm a little late...sorry). This last month has been a whirlwind. I had a last minute intereview for a teaching position the Monday that all of the teachers returned to work for teacher inservice week. I was hired the next day and started the process of getting all my creditials and background checks cleared so that I could be ready to teach the following Monday.

So, for the boys, that meant going to school, too! Our school district has a wonderful development center just for its employees...and Micah got the last infant spot! I found out that I got the job on a Tuesday and they were in school the next day. Oh my gosh....that was the most horrible day I have had in a long time. I thought that I was going to be busy taking care of things for school, but since the district was running my background checks, there was nothing I could do. I had to be completely cleared before starting any school-related work. So, I went home to an empty house. I think I cried so much that day, that the next day I could only cry twice because I was so out of tears. I missed my boys so much. It was not so hard to take Jonas because he was excited and could understand what was going on....but, it was heartbreaking to drop Micah off that morning. It's making me upset just to remember it.

On the second day of school when we dropped them off together, Micah was put at a high chair, instead of the half-circle table with all of the other babies. His teachers said it was because he was such a good eater and self-feeding....but, also because he likes to steal other kids' food, too!! Yep...that's our Micah. He loves food!!

He has adjusted quite well. I had the chance to observe him a few times and he's always have so much fun when I see him. Ryan takes them in the morning and I pick them up. They are both dealing with daycare illnesses and it is tough to see them go through this, but next year will not be so tough.

Right now, Micah is close to walking. He has taken a step or two and then fallen down. He still has to get his balance down a little better before taking off. He can stand very well and walk with our assistance. He wants to "go" so badly....he needs to run with big brother!

I cannot believe it's almost been a year (sigh). It is so bittersweet to see them grow before our eyes.

First day of school
Current Stats:
Weight--17lb. 15oz. (yes, he put on almost 2 pounds the past month!!!)
Length--oops...I forgot to measure
Eyes--still different sizes---we go for another check up next month
Teeth--5
The Micah--yes, he still makes his little unique sound in his throat when he's happy/excited. He does it especially when he's playing with Jonas...and Jonas will even immitate the sound, too.
Feedings--The night I had my job interview was when he told me we were done. :( He's now drinking two cups of formula a day.
Meals--let's just say that he eats more than Jonas and almost as much as I do
Fave Foods--still blueberries, yogurt, fruit bars, sweet peas, green beans, corn, spaghetti, bananas, ice cream, cheeseburgers....just about anything!
Fave Toys--his toothbrush, his paci's, remote controls, a little Woody and little Buzz toy, sunglasses, toilet paper, and cabinet doors
Time with Jonas---he follows Jonas everywhere (except for when he's following me). He loves him so much and they play so well together. The have playtime when we got home from school and the love taking a bath together. I hope and pray it will be a lifelong friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jonas

Jonas
Born 03.20.08 7lb 7oz 21 1/4 in