Hello Friend....

...so glad that you're here. We hope that even though we may be miles apart, we can share those special moments of our lives with you...whenever and wherever the occur. Just do us one favor...keep us updated with your special moments, as well!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy New Year! Micah is 3 months old!

Happy New Year!! Ryan and I stayed up until midnight to ring in the new year. How you ask...by playing the Wii of course! My New Year's Resolution.....no babies in 2010!! I love my little ones, but I need a break...and some sleep!

When we got home from Houston, Micah turned 3 months on the 5th. He's getting bigger. There's a new sound in our house, and I call it "The Micah." He has a very particular squeak he makes in the back of his throat when he's happy. I plan to use it for the rest of my life!!!

Now, I know I'm a little late in my post, so some of his stats are a little more recent than his actual 3 month birthday...but, that's okay. Here they are:

Weight--12lb. 10oz. (between 10-25 percentile)
Length--25 in. (75th percentile)
Words--Not yet...but he's working on it. He likes to talk, a lot!
Feedings--6-7 a day (bring on the rice cereal in a couple of months)
Hours of sleep at night--around 8-9 (much better than last month)
Hands--Always in his mouth, forget the paci
Feet---Just found them tonight
Eyes--Looking good. Dr. Hunt said that they are excellent and he does not think he'll have any issues in the future
Favorite position--He loves to get a diaper and clothing change. He laughs, talks, and kicks!
TV--Yup, he's found that, too. Of course, he loves Veggie Tales with big brother.
Spit ups in a day--Too many to count. We've acquired a large sum of burp clothes from friends and family.
Smiles--More than the spit ups...and that's what matters the most!!

Life is good. Our boys are wonderful (except for a temper-tantrum here and there for Jonas) and we have been so blessed! Although things were tough after Micah's arrival, with Ryan losing his job, God has definitely taken care of us. Jehovah Jireh...means God provides...and that is what He has been lately. Ryan finished his teacher prep course, put in an application in with Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD, and received a call for an interview. He interviewed on a Friday and we had to wait all weekend. On the following Tuesday, he received the call from the principal asking him if he wanted the position!! The job is for a middle school English teacher. This summer, he was prophesied over that he was a "quirky English professor." Yes, he is! Truly, this a testimony to how great God is!

So, things are about to get busy here (not that they aren't already). I start back to work next week and as soon as Ryan gets all of his things finalized with the state and the district, he'll be starting in about 2-4 weeks. I hope that you and your family are well and that the new year is off to a great start!

Enjoy the pics!

Like it says, Micah...3 months old


Cat in the Hat boys

Happy Micah

Jonas...wearing his Elmo toilet seat as a hat (Don't worry, it was just taken out of the packaging)

Chillin' in the Bumbo

My twin for the day

It may be time for the paci to go bye-bye

Interview day....looking good!

Sporty man going down the slide

Say what?? (Jonas trying to say cheese while eating a chip)

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha, I love your resolution. I think that shall be mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I just saw the Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts. That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Jonas

Jonas
Born 03.20.08 7lb 7oz 21 1/4 in