Hello Friend....

...so glad that you're here. We hope that even though we may be miles apart, we can share those special moments of our lives with you...whenever and wherever the occur. Just do us one favor...keep us updated with your special moments, as well!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Spring

The first day of spring was Jonas' 1st birthday. We've had a busy month and a half since then. We took a trip to Houston for Easter and more birthday celebrations for Jonas and his cousin, Rory. We stopped outside of College Station to take pictures in the bluebonnets....they were so pretty. I started my own home business working for At Home America, we celebrated Ryan turning 28 (what a young one), we finished school last week and then, on Friday....I joined the 30's Club!!! Hopefully, things will start to calm down a little. Although, we do have an exciting end to this week. Hopefully, on Friday we'll be able to learn whether Jonas is going to have a little brother to get into trouble with as they grow up, or a little sister that he's going to watch over and protect. Either way...we are excited.

No, our little man is not walking, yet. He loves to walk around with me or Ryan while holding onto our fingers...he'll even do it with just one hand. But, the minute we let go, he slowly finds his way to all 4's, again. He wants to do it, he just lacks the confindence. We know he'll do it one day....it's anyone's guess as to when.

However, he is progressing in all other categories. He talks nonstop!! He really has a lot to tell us about all throughout the day. Here are a few things he can say:
momma
dadda
Turner
Simba
dog
cat
bird
balloon
car
ball
bite
and of course...no
He's working on saying all of his grandparents' names, too

He's been using his signs a lot, too. He signs:
eat
more
dog
bird
please
blows kisses (and gives great one's, too)
and he winks both eyes (at the same time, of course)!!

He does pretty well sleeping in his bed...most nights. Every-know-and-then we have a family gathering in our bed. Yes, he's getting to be a big boy!!!

As for Ryan and me...Ryan turned 28 on April 14 and like I said, I turned 30 this past Friday. It was a great birthday celebration for me....but, I'm going to do a separate blog, complete with pictures, to tell of that.

The final exciting thing is that I did start feeling the baby move last week. I was about 16 1/2 weeks and I decided that it was time for me to sit very still in a chair and see if I could feel anything. And, there it was! Feeling those first movements are very special....it's the final piece to really knowing you're pregnant.

So, I know that was a fast recount of all that's going on....I promise I'm going to get back on soon and share more.

Hope you are all doing well!!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I can't believe all the words he is saying! I am going to have to bring Eisley over for some tutoring!

    ReplyDelete

Jonas

Jonas
Born 03.20.08 7lb 7oz 21 1/4 in